To widen our reach to support women and girls who are furthest away from education, we are pleased to announce the launch of 2020 Beyond Education.
Supported by the Big Lottery Women and Girls initiative (WGI), this exciting and innovative three-year project allows Hillcroft to deliver its vision - to empower disadvantaged women to overcome barriers and transform their lives through learning.
Through the development of outreach and partnership arrangements, the project focuses on three key stages of learning;
1) Prior to learning - providing emotional, social and financial support to remove the barriers to education that exist for the most disadvantaged women
2) During learning – through a commitment to building creative partnerships; working with multi-disciplinary agencies and networks to coach and support learner issues
3) After learning - providing an ongoing support network which enables learners to progress following the completion of their education with us, whether that’s progression to another course or employment.
Networking days for Partners, Organisations and Charities
We are launching a series of professional development and networking days, aimed specifically at women’s organisations. The events will be held in our beautiful campus in leafy Surrey, only two minutes from Surbiton station; 10 minutes from Clapham Junction and 20 minutes from Waterloo by train.
Tuesday 4th July 2017 (10am – 4pm)
- How the arts and theatre can help prevent domestic abuse and sexual
- Arm yourself with the Mental Health First Aid Kit Speeddating – sharing ideas and making new contacts
- Power up your Brain - Neuroplasticity and Neurogenesis the Facts. How to increase memory
function, improve stress and delay brain decline.
Thursday 12th October 2017 (10am – 4pm)
- Empowering women through technology
- Expelling the myths in neurodiversity - preventing the downward spiral
- Supporting your organisation through the Mental Health minefield
Open Days for Women’s Groups
Why not bring along a group of women to visit Hillcroft and find out more about what’s on offer we are hosting a series of taster days so they can experience Hillcroft first hand.
- Tuesday 11th July 2017
- Wednesday 20th September 2017
- Thursday 19th October 2017
- Tuesday 5th December 2017
Register your interest below and we will send you more information.