To widen our reach to support women and girls who are furthest away from education, we are pleased to announce the launch of 2020 Beyond Education.
Supported by the Big Lottery Women and Girls initiative (WGI), this exciting and innovative three-year project allows Hillcroft to deliver its vision - to empower disadvantaged women to overcome barriers and transform their lives through learning.
Through the development of outreach and partnership arrangements, the project focuses on three key stages of learning;
1) Prior to learning - providing emotional, social and financial support to remove the barriers to education that exist for the most disadvantaged women
2) During learning – through a commitment to building creative partnerships; working with multi-disciplinary agencies and networks to coach and support learner issues
3) After learning - providing an ongoing support network which enables learners to progress following the completion of their education with us, whether that’s progression to another course or employment.
Networking days for Partners, Organisations and Charities
We are launching a series of professional development and networking days, aimed specifically at women’s organisations. The events will be held in our beautiful campus in leafy Surrey, only two minutes from Surbiton station; 10 minutes from Clapham Junction and 20 minutes from Waterloo by train.
Tuesday 27th February 2018 (9.30 - 4.30pm)
- The reality of stalking - Changing Pathways
- Need for a 'Pause', Creating Space for Change - Pause
- Impact of Bereavement - Kingston Bereavement Service
Tuesday 12th June 2018 (9.30 - 4.30pm)
(Proposed speakers TBC)
- Building as Therapy - Tender
- Avoiding isolation in child birth - Birth Companions
- Singing to improve mental health - Singing it back
Open Days for Women’s Groups
Why not bring along a group of women to visit Hillcroft and find out more about what’s on offer we are hosting a series of taster days so they can experience Hillcroft first hand.
- Tuesday 20th February
- Thursday 15th March
- Tuesday 24th April
- Thursday 17th May
- Wednesday 27th June
Register your interest below and we will send you more information.
Training for Partner Organisations
Mental Health First Aid Training - 2 day Fully Accredited (Cost £25 for manual)
Tuesday 13th & Wednesday 14th February 2018: 9am - 5pm or
Thursday 22nd & Friday 23rd February 2018: 9am – 5pm