English Before Lunch
Do something different at the weekend: this is the third and last English course on Sunday mornings, for 10 weeks. It is aimed at those who live locally and can't commit to a whole weekend. New or existing learners are welcome.
Boost your confidence in English and tackle topics to do with speech - talking clearly, listening actively, taking part in discussion, making presentations. You'll be able to work on personal topics as well as those that are set for you.
You may also be interested in our Saturday 'Maths Before Shopping' courses.
Course runs from 22 Apr 2018 to 24 Jun 2018
- No formal qualification.
- You will achieve personal goals.
- You will receive a course certificate.
- Aimed at beginners / those lacking confidence in their English.
- No formal entry requirements.
- Not suited to learners who have a Level 2, GCSE or above in Maths.
Method of Assessment
- Your achievements will be assessed by individual learning plan (ILP).
Return to Learn courses are designed to encourage you to begin studying. Use the opportunity to think about what you'd like to do next. If your skills are the right level, you could progress to other Hillcroft courses such as:
- weekend Maths & English courses
- The Basic Skills, Future Proof, The Next Level
- Step Up courses
- ICT and Digital Arts courses
- Confidence courses
- Dyslexia courses
- Pre-Access and Access courses
- If you're unsure about your skills, please ring us.
- If you haven't been to Hillcroft before, please ring us.
Help and Advice
For more information or to enquire about a course please fill in this short form.
To Apply for a Course
Course Application and Support Forms:
To apply for this course you will need to complete the Application form for each course you wish to attend, there is space for up to 3 courses per form.
The Information Form only needs to be completed once each academic year, if you have not completed one for this year, you will need to complete this also.
You can either print the forms once completed, sign and return by post or email the forms direct to the college at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(You will be required to sign the forms when you attend the college)
Download the Course Application and Support Forms:Hillcroft Student Application Form Hillcroft Student Information Form
Warning: Google Chrome's internal PDF Viewer does not allow you to submit these forms. To turn off the Chrome PDF Viewer, type "about:plugins" into the address bar, find the "Chrome PDF Viewer" and click "Disable.", alternatively, right click and save the files then open with your usual PDF Viewer.