Maths – Fraction Fitness
Our weekend Maths courses will help you overcome Maths anxiety and build your skills and confidence - please do as many courses as you can.
On this course, you will learn about parts of numbers and quantities. By the end of the course, you'll be able to explain what a fraction is. You will learn to identify common fractions and you will learn different ways to find parts of numbers and quantities. Learn how to find simple equivalent fractions and use practical shapes, money and quantities in your work.
Course runs from 1 Dec 2017 to 3 Dec 2017
- No formal qualification.
- You will achieve personal goals.
- You will receive advice about courses.
- You will receive a course certificate.
- No formal entry requirements.
- Not suited to learners who have a Level 2, GCSE or above in Maths.
Method of Assessment
- Your achievements will be assessed by individual learning plan (ILP).
Return to Learn courses are designed to encourage you to begin studying. Use the opportunity to think about what you'd like to do next. If your skills are the right level, you could progress to other Hillcroft courses such as:
- weekend Maths & English courses
- The Basic Skills, Future Proof, The Next Level
- Step Up courses
- ICT and Digital Arts courses
- Confidence courses
- Dyslexia courses
- Pre-Access and Access courses
- If you're unsure about your skills, please ring us.
- If you haven't been to Hillcroft before, please ring us.
Help and Advice
For more information or to enquire about a course please fill in this short form.
To Apply for a Course
Course Application and Support Forms:
To apply for this course you will need to complete the Application form for each course you wish to attend, there is space for up to 3 courses per form.
The Information Form only needs to be completed once each academic year, if you have not completed one for this year, you will need to complete this also.
You can either print the forms once completed, sign and return by post or email the forms direct to the college at email@example.com.
(You will be required to sign the forms when you attend the college)
Download the Course Application and Support Forms:Hillcroft Student Application Form Hillcroft Student Information Form
Warning: Google Chrome's internal PDF Viewer does not allow you to submit these forms. To turn off the Chrome PDF Viewer, type "about:plugins" into the address bar, find the "Chrome PDF Viewer" and click "Disable.", alternatively, right click and save the files then open with your usual PDF Viewer.