Step Up to Tests and Interviews
- Have you attended the other Step Up courses?
- Do you have E3-L1 English and Maths?
- Do you want to push your English, Math and ICT skills further?
- Do you want to improve your study skills?
- Are you a practical learner?
- Do you find it difficult to commit to a year-long course?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, this course is for you.
There are three Step Up courses: each is Wednesday to Friday for 10 weeks. They will improve your English and Maths and help you progress towards Level 2. You will develop practical ICT skills. You will improve your organisation, problem-solving and resilience. You will prepare for further study or work. Over the three courses, you will develop a realistic plan of personal development.
Course runs from 18 Apr 2018 to 29 Jun 2018
- You will achieve personal goals.
- You will receive advice about careers.
- You will receive a course certificate.
- You must be generally working at or near Level 1 in English.
- Ideally, you will have a Level 1 Functional Skills English certificate.
- You may have attended Step Up to Study.
Method of Assessment
- Portfolio of work
- Functional Skills tests.
You could progress to: - 1 year courses at Hillcroft or other colleges - Voluntary work or paid employment
You will be assessed on a regular basis both informally and formally, and will receive regular feedback from tutors.
Help and Advice
For more information or to enquire about a course please fill in this short form.
To Apply for a Course
Course Application and Support Forms:
To apply for this course you will need to complete the Application form for each course you wish to attend, there is space for up to 3 courses per form.
The Information Form only needs to be completed once each academic year, if you have not completed one for this year, you will need to complete this also.
You can either print the forms once completed, sign and return by post or email the forms direct to the college at email@example.com.
(You will be required to sign the forms when you attend the college)
Download the Course Application and Support Forms:Hillcroft Student Application Form Hillcroft Student Information Form
Warning: Google Chrome's internal PDF Viewer does not allow you to submit these forms. To turn off the Chrome PDF Viewer, type "about:plugins" into the address bar, find the "Chrome PDF Viewer" and click "Disable.", alternatively, right click and save the files then open with your usual PDF Viewer.