Learning Resources Centre
The central hub for your learning materials
We offer a range of learning resources including:
- text materials – books (Graded Readers, Quick Reads, text books), newspapers and journals
- ebooks and eresources (Encyclopaedia Britannica, BFI InView, Jisc MediaHub
- DVDs and audio CDs
- careers and guidance materials
- study skills materials
- dyslexia materials.
- Find out what we have on our on-line catalogue and rate and review our material when you join the library using your library card.
Students also have access to the following resources:
- Wifi access
- colour printers, photocopiers and scanners
- CD player
- Virtual Learning Environment
- PCs with headphones.
- Kindle ebook readers
- iPad apps.
In the classroom. We also run inductions and Academic Integrity Workshops to teach you how to:
- search the online catalogue
- navigate the library
- search, copy, download, print and add notes to ebooks
- add references to your course work to avoid plagiarism
- identify and select sources for projects.
We gained second prize in the Council for Learning Resources In Colleges (CoLRiC) Best Practice Awards 2015 for our Information Literacy work
Keep up-to-date with our latest material and get tips on studying and resources to help you on your course by following us on Twitter @Hillcroftlrc or our blog.
Watch our video to find out more about our services:
LRC Events for You to Join In
- Reading Ahead - each year we get students reading 6 items, reviewing and rating them and entering a national prize draw.
- World Book Night – we give out books and get you to tell us what you like reading and play some games.
- National Libraries Day – we get you to say what you like about libraries and do some fun activities.